• Bug? Problem with accessing files

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52142  by MKochS

Dear all,

tomcat-8.5.34, Version: 6.3.9 (build: e57b626)

I keep having problems with accessing some files I still cannot solve. Maybe it's a bug. Here's what happened:

I have what appears to be a pretty good PDF file. I have received it as an e-mail attachment. My e-mails are pulled by OpenKM. I opened the mail in OpenKM and copied the file attachment (right-click) into my personal workspace. Then I tagged and categorized it and moved it into my taxonomy. A search for tags and categories finds it. I can display it in the preview tab, and from this preview tab I can print it to a printer or a file or download it back to my computer. So far so good. I am, however, not able to download it. I also cannot open, preview or download it via WebDAV, which means my backup procedure also fails on it (rsync is throwing "input/output error (5)". The file appears to be unavailable.

I have then downloaded the same PDF file from my e-mail client into my computer, and from there uploaded it into my workspace. It is the same file, and this one's working properly, I can download it both from my workspace and from a mounted WebDAV share. What strikes me is that the apparently broken PDF file has a different size of 11,5KB while the working file is only 8,4KB in size. However, when I download the defective file by displaying it in the preview tab, it ends up on my computer with the original filesize of 8,4 KB.

The only difference I can make out is:
- the broken file is 11,5KB and I copied the file attachment from my OpenKM email tab into my workspace
- the working file is 8,4KB, I fetched it from my email client (Thunderbird), copied it to my computer and uploaded it into my OpenKM workspace using the "add document" button.

And finally: when I download the defective file viewing it in my preview tab and using the download feature there, it ends up on my local harddisk with the size of 8,4KB and in good condition. I can even re-upload it into OpenKM and it behaves as it should (copyable, oreviewable on the WebDAV mount).

I cannot see anything suspicious in the logs, and I wonder if this is actually a bug that makes a file or relatied information break when moving a mail attachment from the OpenKM mail space to the workspace.

Take good care, Matthias
 #52151  by jllort

If I understood, when copy attachment - contextual menu - from email in OpenKM to a folder in OpenKM ( everything happens into OpenKM ), the copied document gets corrupted. Is that?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.