• upload speed

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52045  by kaajsoft

hello
is there any way to upload large file faster? it takes about 15m to upload 1GB files.
 #52048  by jllort

usually this should be a network problem ... your desktop and OpenKM are in the same network?
did you have some kind of automation?
dis you have antivirus enabled?
finally, what OpenKM version are talking about?
 #52049  by kaajsoft

Im talking about latest comunity version.
My network is okey, we transfer file with ftp very fast.
There is no automatio and no antivirus.
 #52056  by jllort

Describe your uploading process ( type of files, total amount etc... ).
 #52058  by kaajsoft

hello
i have debug the code
this line take a long time in fileupload servlet
List<FileItem> items = upload.parseRequest(request);
i have just upload one file with 1GB size
 #52079  by jllort

It reads the stream ( in background the file is not keep in memory first it keeps in a temporary file in the file system and later it is copied to final destination ).
 #52086  by kaajsoft

Okey
I know that.
What do you think of move file instead of copy it? It is implemented in common upload, it dosnt allow us to access file, but i think it is possible to access the file and move it.
Usualy moving is faster.
Let me know your idea.
Thank you
 #52121  by jllort

I do not follow you in "move" scenario. The problem is not move binary data in the file system, the problem is the data also must be registered at database level and for it you must go across the API. I do not see any shortcut for it.

I suppose you have not enabled the option to keep binary data in the database?

Usually file uploading is fast ( maybe you are thinking is like moving files between a folders in the file system, that is totally wrong concept, it is more near to upload file to an application in the cloud ( but because in your network should be faster ). Anyway is clear you have something strange, because 1GB should be uploaded in few seconds, obviously not minutes ( may be hardware issue or configuration issue or software like an antivirus what it is causing the delay -> it is a very bad idea having antivirus in combination with DMS ).

I suggest have a clean computer and test there to isolate the issue. Your prefered OS is Linux or Windows.

What is your prefered database?

Did you have configuration parameter named "upload.throttle.filter" enabled, because when enabled is applied a bandwidth filter in the uploading.
 #52140  by kaajsoft

Hello, my os is centos and database is postgresql and files stores on disk not database.
When we upload a 2g file to ftp in my network it takes 2minutes,
When i upload that file to openkm it takes about 4 minutea! I have find the problem:
When we upload file to openkm firat common upload file store files and then the openkm read that file by inputstream and copy that to its place! This copy process is the problem i think. And what i say is to move that file instead of copy.
Do you undrestod me?
 #52149  by jllort

Did you debug the code to arrive at this conclusion?

You should enable debug for ( take a look at log-back.xml in the tomcat-XXX folder for it purpose ):
Code: Select all
com.openkm.servlet.frontend.FileUploadServlet
com.openkm.api.OKMDocument
com.openkm.module.db.DbDocumentModule
com.openkm.module.db.base.BaseDocumentModule
com.openkm.dao.NodeDocumentDAO
Also should enable profiling and hibernate stats in administration looking for methods and queries with high time.
Also I suggest modify the source code adding additional logs to calculate time ( if needed , with profiling should be enought to identify methods or queries what take a lot of time )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.