• Preview of .msg and .eml files

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50035  by tobi42

Hi there,

I've just installed current CE and tried to archive .msg and .eml files (drag and drop from windows explorer).

In my business scenario mail archiving is the biggest part.
My target is to automate mail processing from O365 with EWS/MS Graph and archive to a DMS.

In the preview of .msg files the body will not be shown. Instead I see some non printable characters.
In .eml files inline attchements are converted to real attachments. So in the preview the inline images will not be shown. Also when I export the .eml file and open it with outlook the inline attachments are broken and only accessible as normal attachments.

Is that the expected behaviour?
I want to see the .msg/.eml files shown in okm preview like they will be shown in outlook.

thanks & best regards
Tobi
 #50047  by jllort

Please indicate the OpenKM version you are using. Can you make some screenshots of what you are watching in your preview and share some email to check in our development environment.
 #50067  by tobi42

How can I send you the mails etc.
Because personal data is included I don't want to post it here.
 #50118  by bgone

Hi Jllort,

is it possible if upload email as normal file like others, instead of import as email type.

Regards,
Bgone
 #50124  by jllort

You are talking about uploading msg or eml file in OpenKM as regular files ( like word files ) ? is that ?
 #50135  by aamgad@planet.com.eg

Hey,
I am having the same problem too with the non printable characters in the email body. I am using the CE 6.3.9 i guess @tobi42 is using it too.

Here is the link for the email .msg file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6qTw3 ... sp=sharing

Hope it helps and hope the problem is resolved soon.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (53.37 KiB) Viewed 6414 times
 #50198  by bgone

jllort wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 am You are talking about uploading msg or eml file in OpenKM as regular files ( like word files ) ? is that ?
Yes, correct :D
 #50236  by jllort

You can install the latest application with the installer ( 6.3.9 ) and then build the application from github code what will produce a OpenKM.war. Simply replace the OpenKM.war file and you will get the application with the patch applied. Currently the migration to 6.3.9 to 6.3.10 only require a single step, OpenKM.war replacement ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -6310.html )
 #50241  by aamgad@planet.com.eg

Hello dear,
Thank you so much for your reply :D
That would be a great solution but unfortunately the problem is not yet fixed in the source code. It is still pending and no commits are made concerning this issue.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.