• 6.3.9: File names in webdav mounts

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49918  by MKochS

Version: 6.3.9 CE

Good afternoon,

I have found the following and don't know how to handle it. I've mounted webdav directories via davfs2 to local directories in a user's homedir. So far, this is working. However, files containing spaces in their names appear in single quotes - note the second line:
Code: Select all
-rw-r--r-- 1 user tape  17617 Okt 10  2017  2017-09_Umsaetze_DE86513900000027159303_2017.10.10.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 user tape  26941 Aug 26  2018 [b]'[/b]2018-08-26 Sonderausgaben 2017.ods[b]'[/b]
Consequently, they cannot be accessed from the command line, although "find" still finds them.

Graphical tools like filemanagers (thunar, nautilus) display them without quotation marks and handle them normally.
Auswahl_031.png
Auswahl_031.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 6593 times
Is there something that can be done?

TIA
Matthias
 #49937  by jllort

This is the way how Linux shown these files when you are listing. This is not OpenKM behaviour is the standard Linux ( and I think the lastest windows version) the documents with spaces are shown. Try to create your own document in Linux and you'll see the same. I think is not OpenKM issue. Anyway try copy a document with spaces to a new destination in your file system ( outside openkm ). And if you get an error share the screenshot

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.