• openkm preview

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49756  by jllort

What does it means "internet download manager", do you have any kind of addin in the browser?
 #49933  by kaajsoft

Hello, my previous account was deleted by a mistake.
we are just Openkm reseller you can watch it here نرم افزار بایگانی اسناد
the link i have provided before points to internet download manager website and i think because of that link my account was delete.
any way you can search internet download manager, it is a software that let you download files. by this software you can download files from Openkm preview and i think it is a security bug. please check it.
thank you.
 #49941  by jllort

When you are talking about you are "able to download documents from Preview feature", it means you are logged in the OpenKM in the browser and then the using the tools what you previously shared are able to download the files. Is that ?

We are talking about windows tool or browser addin?
 #49943  by kaajsoft

Yes, exactly
It is a windows program that have prowser plugin
 #49954  by jllort

The problem is when you are previewing any document type in a browser really you are downloading to your computer. There's no technology to prevent downloading because when you are watching in your screen you just downloading ( stream ) to your computer. In these scenarios what works better is for some users apply a watermark ( you can fill all the document with watermark background and also incorporate the date, user name etc... what usually discourage the distribution of the document ).

If the problem goes in the direction you do not want the content to be copied, then should thinking in a preview feature what combine watermarks and images. I'm talking about do not allow the standard preview PDF documents and replace by preview based in serve images with watermark, what makes more difficult to extract the text.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.