• Document Update Event will never be called !

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49724  by mamad

Hello guys,
I want to start a workflow every time i update a document.
I created a workflow and also created an automation action with "document update" event by "post" type and a "AddWorkflowToWizard" action.
I did all the settings correctly (like activating Event, set order , set name of workflow, set action and activating it and etc) but the workflow will never start when i update any document.
For testing "AddWorkflowToWizard" action, i created another automation action which started the workflow after uploading document and it works fine.
For testing "document update" event, i use another actions to be called after updating documents but never of them will be called after updating documents !
Is this a bug or it may has another reason ?
 #49745  by jllort

Wizards only work in creation stage, will not working in other stages. You can run a workflow but starting a wizard is not allowed.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.