• Assign user (Workflow)

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49579  by tauhubasah

Hello there,

How do I create a workflow that a user can choose who to check and approve a document?
User A start a workflow, then user A will choose user B (selection between user B and C). Next user B will review the document then click approve.
Is there any tutorial or step-by-step? Been looking through the forum but I am not clear on how to do it.

Thanks and regards.
 #49612  by tauhubasah

Hi Pavila I managed to create the dropdown that contains all user but when I select a user and click submit there was an error (error.jpg). How do I fix this error? This is my first time using openkm and I have very little knowledge in java.

Attached also the work I've done so far.

Thanks.
Attachments
(29.1 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
error.JPG
error.JPG (18.38 KiB) Viewed 10394 times
 #49613  by pavila

According to the error you are trying to use convert a Select to an Input, and it's not possible.

An average Java background is required to make workflows.
 #49616  by pavila

I would need the whole Eclipse project folder.
 #49628  by pavila

Well, as I said previously you need Java and Eclipse experience and I don't think it's your case. I recommend contacting a freelance which can help you with the implementation or pay to get the work done. For example, ask saulhidalgo.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.