• Search on unordered words of document name failed

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49371  by mamad

hello guys
Please consider the situation that for example i have a file with name "big red car.txt"
When i search on names with a missed word no results will be find as the search result.
For example if i search for "big car" no result will be find but "big red" or "red car" will be ok.
would you please explain me why ? and how i should search for situation like this that i dont know that middle word (red in this example) ?
 #49408  by jllort

That happens because we are setting by default in all the searches the wildcard at the end. Really you are searching for "big red*" and that's the reason why it is not working. Similar things happen with "red car*"
The query "big car*" does not return results.

You are doing searches by the content or by name, because maybe the content is an special case.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.