• Openkm constantly stops working

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49086  by mamad

Hi guys
I have openkm 6.3.7 community edition which is hosted on a Debian server.
I have a problem on openkm which is really annoying me
some times ( maybe once or twice a week or some times once a month ) openkm wont be load when i enter the url ( i cant see login or any other pages )
But today, surprisingly, it happened twice !
I always fix this problem by restarting tomcat service but i want to know the reason of that.
Last edited by mamad on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #49087  by mamad

I zipped all the log files of today into one zip file and send it as attachment of this reply .(
(211.82 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
)
The zipped file contains the following files :
catalina.2019-10-13.log
localhost.2019-10-13.log
localhost_access_log.2019-10-13.txt
I would be grateful if you could help me resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance
 #49090  by jllort

When the application is killed by some reason will not be shown in the logs. Must configure heap dump in the setenv.sh or setenv.bat for dump creation and then open to check the reason why the tomcat was killed ( usually memory heap ). Add the next configuration parameter:
Code: Select all
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=$CATALINA_HOME"
 #49148  by mamad

i added that line to the end of setenv.sh and started tomcat. after about an hour openkm stopped again ( it failed to load the login page )
After that a file named java_pid27219.hprf was created in the catalina home path.
The size of this file is too large ( 1.2 GB) and i cant open it with any text editor.
So, what to do now ??
 #49159  by jllort

Look in google for "open jvm dump". There're several tools for it, in past, we used JAVA VisualVM. Currently, we are using jProfiler tool ( in both cases these are complex tools an require some time to take control on how they work ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.