• Error while updating metadata info for some files in bulk

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47908  by LauryMenton

Hello,

Please, I would like you to explain to me exactly what this error is, since I do not understand why is was causing an error but new metadata was correctly applied to all the docs I choosed. And, the error was not shown to all of the docs, just in some groups of them.

If it helps, here you have the little change I made to one of the metadata groups before updating all the associated documents. Because I forgot to define it when I was thinking how to name it :cry:
Code: Select all
BEFORE
<select label="Address" name="okg:bill.x" type="simple">
AFTER
<select label="Address" name="okg:bill.address" type="simple">
Thank you.
Last edited by LauryMenton on Wed May 08, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #47937  by jllort

In case of a mistake in metadata definition, the best practice should be:
1- update xml definition from administration
2- update database field values ( current value -> https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... properties )
3- Rebuild lucene indexes https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... dexes.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.