• UUID instead of Title in Wiki

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47490  by daha87

Hi everybody,

I'm new here in the forum and new to OpenKM and I can say that I'm very impressed with OpenKM, so congratulations to the development team!!.

Anyways, I have a problem with the Wiki pages, everytime I try to link a Wiki Page to another I can't do it because the search function doesn't give back any results. So I went to see the Tables in the Databank and found out that the Column WKP_TITLE contains the UUID of the Wiki Page and when I provide the UUID to the search function it finds the Wiki Page. So apparently OpenKM isn't writing the correct Title into the Column and therefor I'm unable to search for it.

Does anyone have an idea of how can i fix this problem? Also, how can fix the Title of the Wiki pages I already created?

I'm using OpenKM Ver. 6.3.6 with Microsoft SQL Server 2014

Regards,
David
 #47504  by jllort

Please share here some screenshots, I would like to watch:
-Existing document and the search what you are trying
-Related database values

might be there's a bug, then we will solve it
 #47518  by daha87

Hi jllort,

I added 3 Screenshots

SQL: Here is how the table in SQL Server looks like
UUID: Here I search directly through the UUID
TItle: Here I tried to add a link to an existing Wiki Page by searching through the title
Attachments
SQL.png
SQL.png (18.73 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
UUID.png
UUID.png (48.46 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
Title.png
Title.png (46.03 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
 #47530  by jllort

I have reviewed the code and in case it is an existing document into the repository set the UUID in both fields ( node and title ).

This is an old code and I do not keep all in mind, but well several things to consider:
- you have documents what are into the repository with wiki pages -> these are identified by uuid
- you have wiki pages that are not into the repository -> these are identified by title.
- I think history use title value to retrieve the list of changes of a wiki page ( you are not able to rename a wiki page )

I think these are the reason why we are setting the uuid rather document name. I have played with code to set document name, it is quite easy, but after reviewing with more detail and understanding how database and title are used I think it is not good idea apply the change.

Finally, when you are trying to link a document you should use document icon either wikipage icon.
 #47580  by daha87

Thanks for your answer!

Then I guess I better leave it like that and I won't use the Wiki feature at the moment

Thanks again!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.