• Desktop Sync

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46679  by Kevinle

Hi Guys, I recently installed the OpenKM as my company's document storage and it is working great after few weeks of struggling with it installation and extension. So far I love it. Now I am trying to find the Deskstop Sync, but I could not find it anywhere for download.
I found the source code, but I am not capable of "how to get it done", my skill set is stopped me from that point.
I am using the Community version 6.3.2. Any advise is highly appreciate,
Thanks
 #46696  by jllort

We have decided to not invest more efforts in Desktop Sync. We decided to share the source code if somebody wanted to continue with its maintenance but currently, we do not have free time for it. The code released it is based in craw repository what it is not the best strategy but it works for small contents sync. If you are going to sync a huge repository then you will have performance issues because the client follows all the repository looking for changes ( what obviously is not the best strategy ).

In the professional version, we decided to move for another kind of logic, pending changes list based on server control side, but is still not completed at 100% ( we still have 1-2 bugs ). With this kind of logic, you can synchronize entire repositories ( TB ), what is not possible in community edition desktop sync logic. That was one of the reasons why we decided to stop sharing the compiled version and share the code if somebody wants to work on it.

If you build the application will works, but for huge syncs, might have some performance issue, because the clients might overload the server crawling for changes.
 #46713  by Kevinle

Really appreciate your explanation, i guess that help me to put an end to search for the download,

Anyway, i have another question which i encountered just now, i got the OpenKM Add-in Download and installed in couples of computers, however, only my computer is able to use the Add-in, other would encounter the message that like "Unable to connect to the remote server --> System.Net.Socket.socketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8080"

all the computers are connected to the same domain name locally and able to access the network as well as able to access the OpenKM,
The configuration in the OpenKM addin had been test and connect successfully.

Hope i can get some hint over this, i am trying to work around but unfortunately i have found nothing yet.

Thanks.
 #46720  by jllort

Please do not merge several topics into the same post. Add a new one for Microsoft Office Addin.
 #46742  by Kevinle

soltanivahid wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:52 pm Hi
-Are you sure set openkm server ip address currectly?
You must not set 127.0.0.1 for other computers! you should set your server ip address for them like 192.168.....
-check openkm config in administration tab! There must not see 127.0.0.1 you should set your logic ip like 192.168....

-and in tomcat config folder edit the file server.xml and chane 127.0.0.1 to your logic ip

Hope you success
Thanks, I got it done, the server is behind the firewall, i need to have the additional port open before it can work on that,
 #46753  by jllort

Should be enought getting acces to port 8080. The port what is used by default in tomcat is the port 8080. The other two ports are used for apache reverse proxy ( what is not your case), and shutdown. More information about port https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -port.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.