• Outlok and other questions

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46488  by just_me

Sorry for asking noob-questions, but i am wondering about some things:

Backup:
I am running OpenKM on docker-compose and i am wondering, what and how to backup, so i could rebuild easily if server fails. My documents are on a network share, being mounted on /mnt/drive, so the backup here is a different story.

Outlook:
I read in some posts, that Outlook Plugin runs with Outlook 2013, so i installed it. I gave all my credentials (http://example.com:8080/OpenKM) as well as login / password, but it couldn connect to the OpenKM Server and told me, it connected to localhost. Please indicate in your docs, that after setting credentials one has to restart Outlook, just to make sure,
Secondly, after restart of Outlook, it opened a window, where i could select something (my base folder for my account). When i close the window with the X (closebox on the right upper corner of the window), i couldn't open the Import window, but i got an error message instead. So i had to restart Outlook again, in order to try import of my emails, which then worked, so they were being imported in my personal mail folder within OpenKM.

But how can i move the emails (emailtext and attachments) into a folder within my taxonomy? I could probably do this with just the attachments but i need the email itself in my taxonomy as well; i tried different approaches, but none of them worked out up to now. I.e. I got an email with an invoice attached. I need to archive the email itself and the invoice in my taxonomy in the folder invoices/2018/August.

How would i achieve this? With right click i could move them around, but that given folders seem to be email folders, but how can i move them into my taxonomy?

OpenMeetings:
When i read the wikipage for OpenMeetings, it is talking about Zoho, do i need Zoho in order to attach OpenMeeting? The documentation isn't very clear about this one.

Joomla Explorer Plugin:
Any chance, that the plugin would respect the given theme and appearance within Joomla?

Thanks and best
j_m
 #46496  by jllort

Please ask a single question for each topic. About outlook addin, you can upload full mail with attachments with import button, take a look at the video what might give to you some clues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChSX7zLwLs

Professional version of the Outlook addin it comes with some extra features like browser remote OpenKM folders, upload only documents, attach OpenKM documents into new mails from outlook , etc... but basic features it comes by default into community edition of the addin.
 #46499  by just_me

Oh,

i am sorry. i will post seperate questions instead of this one.

But let's think, this is about Outlookplugin ;)

So bottom line is: I cannot move Emails with attachments from the Emailfolder in OpenKM into my taxonomy at all given i am using Community Edition of both OpenKM and the outlook plugin?

Then i would need the Outlook Professional plugin, how much is it? I am evaluating at the moment, and importing Mails with attachments in a given folder within my taxonomy is one of the most needed features.
Thanks and best
jm
 #46515  by jllort

Community version -> you can import outlook mails and attachments to OpenKM folders, and not much else
Professional version -> the sames as the community and also you have drag & drop and you can send emails with documents what are into OpenKM and also can convert attachment ( document from OpenKM ) as download links

OpenKM professional addins only works with OpenKM professional version, will not work with the community, the reason is that professional web services are wide than community ones.
 #46531  by just_me

Ok,

to put it straight: I have 5 Emails (with invoices) and i want to put them in OpenKM taxonomy under category internal/accounting/invoices/2018/May.

How can i achieve this, given that i am evaluating CE?

Currently i can import the emails but they end up in my mail folder, and i haven't found out, how to move them into my taxonomy. I need to have the original mail AND the attachments (some are pdf invoices some are certificates for the invoce)...

Thanks and best
j_M
 #46554  by pherrera

Hello,

As you are using the community version you must install version 6.1.2 of the outlook plugin.
Follow these steps please:
1. In the configuration, you must select the version of OpenKM by "Webservices 1.0" preferably or the option "Com 6.0+", press the "Accept" button and you must return to open Outlook.
2. To import an email somewhere in the Taxonomy, select an email from your inbox and go to the "Import" button in the Outlook OpenKM bar.
3. In the pop-up window select the option "Taxonomy" and at the bottom, you will load all the folders belonging to it, select a folder and press the "Upload" button, once imported it will show you a message if the email has been imported successfully.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.