• Wiki extension

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46383  by redink

Hi all!

I have a problem with the Wiki extension in OpenKM CE version 6.3.6 (build: 87d181f). I cannot search for any documents or other Wiki pages. When I click the search button the dialog box appears but when I search for any terms nothing happens. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help or hints!
 #46386  by lnovoa

Hi!,
The search for the content of the wiki extension is not allowed.
What is your goal? If you want to relate words to any node you can use the keywords or
another alternative is to assign them metadata.
What do you intend to find with the search by wiki?
 #46388  by redink

lnovoa - thank you for your fast reply.

While I was working on my answer I discovered that things are now working as expected - I swear that I did nothing more than restarting my computer :shock: The difference may be that I am using now a star (*) to make the search term more general. So - my original question is answered now, I understood how to set references to internal documents, folders, dashboard Wiki pages, and external URLs.

A big thank you to the whole OpenKM team!

Here is my intended answer:

My use case is the organization of scientific publications. My top categories are journals, books, thesis, presentations, brochures, and more. I created directories for each top category with the same name. In journals 36 subdirectories are created (A - Z and 0 - 1). For each journal (e. g. Journal of Fluid Mechanics) another subdirectory with the journal name exits which are sorted in one of the 36 directories according to its first letter in the journal name. Any paper of this journal is stored in the journal directory.

I want to use the Wiki extension to store meta information like general information about the journal (ISSN, open access, etc.) or some remarks about a specific publication. It would be useful to link to other documents, Wiki pages, or directories, in the Wiki entry. There are buttons in the Wiki editor to add documents, folders, other Wiki pages, etc. By clicking on of these buttons I get a dialogue box with a possibility to enter a text but nothing happens - no documents or folders are showing up. However, I can manually add entries using the respective UUID (e .g folder: [fld=UUID]Name[/fld].
 #46400  by jllort

Did you tried writting document name -> might be works as a search engine.
Can you share with us an screenshot for better understanding.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.