• basic search/desktop search

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46276  by silverspr

hello, I'm using CE 6.3.5 dev
Is it possible to configure the search field (top right of the application) to search on name as the default and not full text? The reason being the search term is not returned by full text, only by a name search.
I've looked at the API OKMsearch, but not sure how to apply in this scenario.
Thanks in advance
 #46278  by lnovoa

Hi!,
The simple search is to search for content.
The advanced search allows you to search by name.
 #46280  by silverspr

HI thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I use the advanced search, but I was trying to keep it simple for front end users. It might be a "feature" to have this field user configurable.
thanks
 #46288  by jllort

You should apply small source change for it. If you want we can try to guide about where apply the change.
Remember also you have in desktop a menu in the toolbar ( first in the left ) for looking for document, folders, etc. by name, might be also good for you ?
 #46324  by silverspr

Thank you jllort, File>find document will work for me. I can honestly say I haven't really paid attention to that menu!
Thanks for your help.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.