• Multiple "name" search

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46195  by openkm_user

Hi,

Is there a way to search for multiple names, like instead of only one name in,

name.JPG
name.JPG (27.05 KiB) Viewed 2749 times

Can we search for multiple values at once? For example, instead of searching only for file1.doc is it possible to search for file1.doc, file2.doc, file3.doc in one single search which results in showing whatever file is available in DMS. We use REST API mainly, it will be great if something like this is available in API.

Thanks!
 #46200  by openkm_user

I have already tried comma, space, semicolon, AND, OR, &&, ||, etc, nothing worked, so I would like to know if there is any other way.

Yes, I am going to search for exact file name, so multiple search is a good idea, but the issue is, we will be searching for 1000s of names and it is only part of a bigger program. This is taking a lot of time to return results.

Thanks for taking time and answering!
 #46201  by lnovoa

Hi!,

In OpenKM if the implicit search is allowed, for example for this case commented file1.doc, file2.doc ... you just have to put a minimum of 3 characters for example: "fil" and all the records that contain these characters will appear.
Maybe for your case, it is not working because you have to reindex your storage with Lucene.
This is done from the administration panel in rebuild indexes.

I leave a search link
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... earch.html
 #46202  by openkm_user

Hi,

Thanks for replying, file1.doc, file2.doc, etc., is just for an example, actual names searched are account numbers. They are random 10 digit numbers for folders inside which there will be files. So we will search like 1018755685, 1018755686, etc., these are folder names.

Thanks!
 #46204  by lnovoa

Hi!,

By default the OpenKM search is done by documents,
if you want to search by folders you have to mark it in the advanced tab.
 #46208  by openkm_user

Of course, I am doing exactly that, I just want a way to put in more than one "name" in that field while searching for a folder.
 #46214  by lnovoa

Hi!,
Openkm uses the Lucene analyzer for its searches (https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... lyzer.html).
When a document is uploaded, it is automatically indexed in order to optimize future searches.

As I have mentioned before if you want to do an implicit search in the desired field you simply have to insert the desired string and all the approximate results will appear.

I also give you a link about Lucene where you can specify your searches better.
http://www.lucenetutorial.com/lucene-query-syntax.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.