• Unexpected server response (500)

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45871  by mnshuib

Hi everyone,

I uploaded some documents into okm and was ok initially. Today, I got this error...

PDF.js v1.8.188 (build: ad1023ff)
Message: Unexpected server response (500) while retrieving PDF "http://MY_SERVER:8080/OpenKM/frontend/Converter?toPdf=true&inline=true&uuid=32bde999-a15f-49db-b7cd-1aa00c156741".

and my search doesn't work. I removed the documents that are causing this error, but some content are still not searchable. Anyway to reindex or any other troubleshooting I should look into?

Thanks in advance.
Nazri shuib
 #45874  by lnovoa

Hi!,

The search has to be done without problems.
What conflicting files have some special characteristics ?
Have they been removed by bbdd?
and finally you can look in the log files: Catalina.out, catalina.log and openkm.log
 #45891  by jllort

1- I have removed your public OpenKM URL in the previous post for security reasons.
2- Go to Administration > Tools > Lucene indexes > Click on "Rebuild lucene indexes" that will create the entire search engine data.
3- About the conversion error, should take a look at the catalina.log file for the complete stack trace of the error ( look there and share with us the error you are getting, only the error not the entire log please ).

When you talk about your search is not working are you talking about contents or about search documents by name. What is the scenario?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.