• Adding keyword before upload

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45856  by jllort

You are talking about OS file system properties ?
 #45863  by jllort

Well, little explanation. From browser point of view, will be a security break if you will be able to access this kind of OS information. That means from browser layer will not be possible. The only way for doing it should be creating a small application at OS level for it ( might be with JAVA, .NET are two great candidates ). Also in your case should be necessary small code change to create a new method at REST layer for it.
 #45904  by jllort

You can apply the same keyword selecting several documents and then using the contextual menu. I do not know if it might help you in some way? Otherwise, you should build your own UI for it.

Also, I do not suggest using keywords for it, I suggest use metadata rather than keywords for performance and other reasons that will be so long to explain. Basically, create a field definition into metadata for storing keywords rather what are you doing now. With metadata, you have the same option for adding fields or updating to several nodes.

Take a look here:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... adata.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.