• Can't add note to Categories folder anymore

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44946  by dferguson

It seems I have lost the ability to add a note to a Categories folder of which I have permissions. I can still add a note to the document and to a Taxonomy folders.
Screenshot from 2017-11-28 16-38-29.png
Screenshot from 2017-11-28 16-38-29.png (70.54 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
 #44958  by jllort

Might be in the last updates we have restricted in the UI because we have thought has not much sense ? anyway did you come from upgrade and now the feature is not available or it happens without upgrading the application ( then is another scenario ).
 #44991  by dferguson

Yes, you can see here that I was able to add a note to a category folder at one point.
Screenshot from 2017-12-04 09-24-19.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-04 09-24-19.png (103.03 KiB) Viewed 2917 times

I will add to issues
 #45014  by dferguson

The question is about writing notes to the Categories folder, not document(s) contained within.

Just to confirm I can write notes to taxonomy and My Documents folders, just not to Category "folders"
 #45020  by jllort

Sorry for the miss understanding, I do not know why I supposed the issue was writing notes in documents where are shown from categories. Sincerely writing notes in a category node is something what I have never used. We will proceed in the ticket you have to investigate the changes in the source code for it. Might be available in the next release, this is closed.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.