• taxomony load time

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44801  by greengold

Hi there!
We are using OpenKM with quite large amount of folders and files in it. I suppose this software should be ready for huge data loads.
However with folders count nearing ~60k the taxanomy tree gets slow.
The folder structure is like:

--okm:root
\--Client
\--{A-Z alphabet letter}
\--{client name folder}

what is happening is that when you click the client folder, the taxonomy part on the left is getting loaded for about a minute but you can click the folders on the right part which seems to be paginated or cached, I don't know.

My question is, how to make taxonovy view faster?

Thank you!
 #44802  by dferguson

Enable paginate in the profiles section of Administration.
Screenshot from 2017-10-25 14-34-41.png
Screenshot from 2017-10-25 14-34-41.png (85.04 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
 #44803  by greengold

we have already enabled this. it helps for window on right not for the taxonomy on the left.
 #44809  by jllort

Application works with several milions of documents without much problems, but you can not use the application as the way you decide, there's a good way of use the application for solving problems and others what we do not suggest.

You should thinking of take advantage of metadata in combination with more granularity in the taxonomy.
 #44810  by greengold

does that mean that our tree structure in not too optimal or whar you suggest?
 #44813  by jllort

Yes I'm talking about the tree structure is not optimal. In deep, the same tools can be used in several ways to solve the same problem, understanding the problem you have ( with number of document created, security etc... ) might help us understanding it and we can suggest some ways for solving it.

However we are working in new UI ( version 7.x ) and some perfomance problems we have detected in version 6.4 and community will be solved there. Also in version 6.4 with plugins and customized UI we can get something similar than we will get in version 7, but as I said, first must understanding your problem in deep for identifying the correct way for solving it.
 #44817  by greengold

the folder structurte is as I pictured in the first post. client -> alphabet letters -> folders (~60k all together for all letters)
there are no documents yet just the folders..
 #44822  by jllort

if you have a folder structure like:
-root
--A
----A
----Z
--Z
----A
----Z

for example /okm:root/A/Z/AZ Person name

Might be in the third level you have a lot of folder, here you have several strategies ... use more deep /okm:root/[AZ]/[AZ]/[AZ]/[AZ]/[AZ]/ ( based on the first characters of the name and surfname.

But my suggestion is write each person based in another kind of logic, for example the bird name or the day you have created the record
/okm:root/2017/01/01

An create a metadata with fields:
Name, Surfname etc...

Really you do not need to navigate across the taxonomy, and you do not want to use it, what I suggest is based in metadata use search view for quickly accessing data.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.