• Nodes in categories over webdav

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44657  by lomarcan77

I'm trying to access nodes filed in categories thru the webdav interface. I can navigate on the categories (the okm_categories subtree) but I don't see the files under them. Taxonomy (okm_root) works correctly.

Is there some configuration to do or that kind of access is not supported in community edition?
 #44662  by jllort

Are you using the last OpenKM version ?
What client are you using ?
From what OS are you browsing ?
What url are you browsing ?
 #44678  by jllort

Categories are not real folder nodes, I will try to explain ... when you browsing folders from taxonomy the documents are into these folders ( there's a parent property what points to the folder ). When You are browing from categories, really there's a link ( relation ) between the document and the folder, but really documents are not into the categories folders it another kind of relation.

From taxonomy are shown documents what are parents of these folders ( parent-child relation , it only can exists one parent-child relation )
From categories are shown documents what are linked with categories ( one or several categories might be linked with same document ). Browsing from webdav I think will only be shown folders, but not documents or any objects linked with these, that's because is not a parent-children relation ( from webdav are only shown objects within this relation type ). You will see categories folders because, these are parent-children relation, but not documents because it is another type.
 #44681  by lomarcan77

OK, I suspected that was the reason. In that case what would be the use of exporting the category tree over webdav other than maintaining the tree itself?
 #44692  by jllort

Categories from webdav point of view has not much sense, these are not real path, are a way to navigate across taxonomy objects from a diferent folder point of view. That's the reason why - for example - when you export from Administration > export tool, will only be exported the folder hierarchy, not the documents, because these nodes are into taxonomy not into categories. Consider it is only a navigation resource.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.