• Massive add keyword works strangely

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44630  by lomarcan77

If I select multiple nodes and then I do right click 'add keywords' the dialog works correctly exactly once... the following times I can't add a keyword already existing, only creating a new keyword. Logging out fixes it. For ONE time. Is this a known bug? (just like you can't add a category to multiple nodes?)
 #44637  by jllort

Please share with us some screenshots for better understanding about what is happening, because I'm not sure if I understood the issue.
Seem when you assign keywords to multiple documents, if keyword yet exists is not added ( that has sense ), but if some documents have keywords and others not, should add in the documents what they do not have, that should be the wished behaviour.
 #44641  by lomarcan77

It doesn't accept the keyword, i.e. it doesn't show the little "- tag" below to indicate it added it.

Example:
- Select some document for massive add, right click add keyword, it shows the add keyword panel
- I type the TAG and press enter, it shows 'processing keywords' and below it appears the "- TAG" that I could use to remove the tag if I wanted to
- Press close, dialog goes away, select some other messages, right click add keywork, dialog comes back
- If I type the same TAG and press enter, it clears the input box but *doesn't* add it to the document and the "- TAG" box doesn't appear.
 #44644  by jllort

I have tested with latest OpenKM version. Take a look at the attached screenshots ( after typewriting the keyword, did you press enter button for applying ? ). The issue comes when you want to add a keyword, what previously had been added, it is shown into the list of the panel but you are not able to apply it. You press enter, the keyword disappears but it not applied, is it the issue ? In case afirmative, open an issue ticket at https://github.com/openkm/document-management-system ( in the description add a link to this post ).
Attachments
Selección_003.png
Selección_003.png (15.58 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Selección_004.png
Selección_004.png (23.56 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Selección_005.png
Selección_005.png (41.88 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
 #44647  by lomarcan77

Yes, it's exactly that way. I press enter, the keyword input box get cleared like when is being accepted but it doesn't get applied to the nodes! I'll open a ticket, thanks
 #44649  by lomarcan77

I developed a theory on what's happening:

If you try to add a keyword which is already shown in the add keyword panel, the frontend simply removes it immediately (it doesn't go to the server). For some reason when you close the panel the frontend list of the 'added' keywords doesn't get cleared and, the next time you try to use one of these on some other group of node, it thinks it's already added and doesn't send it to the server.

Seems plausible?
 #44650  by jllort

Might something in direction you are pointing. Must debug the code for looking what's happening.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.