• OpenKM Community + Generate Download link

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44600  by brizzle

Hi,

I noticed from the demo on the openKM website there is 'generate download link' (within the file menu) that allows you to get a link to a document without the need to login.
It will just go ahead and download the document when following the link.

I have installed the community edition, version 6.3.4 on Ubuntu and would also like the same feature/option.
I just want to link to a document and have it downloaded without the need to login.

Please can someone advise how i may get this option or if i need the pro version?

Thanks
 #44608  by jllort

If you are looking for sharing download link with other user - singular - then you should go for professional edition what has the feature "download with token" what is does not need authentication.
If you want to share the download link with a lot of users, should understanding the scenario with better description ( for example if you are thinking with a permanent link in a website, then it's another king of problem ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.