• Metadata moved from a template to a document

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44599  by Petr_Valenta

Hello

If I use as a template any document with some custom metadata group attached and filled and I will create a document based on this template with transferring metadata checkbox on (or All checked on), everything is copied but metadata group is moved (so there is no metadata group on the original template after this step).

Steps to reproduce
1. Import MS Word document into the folder Templates
2. Fill a note
3. Attach and fill some custom metadata group
4. Create a new document based on this template anywhere in the repository
5. Explore the metadata both on the template and the created document

I was able to simulate this error on your Public OpenKM Demo .

Thanks a lot for your answer in advance

Petr Valenta
 #44625  by Petr_Valenta

As I wrote:

1. Import MS Word document into the folder Templates - "01_testing_metadata_template_created.JPG"
2. Fill a note - "02_testing_metadata_template_created.JPG"
3. Attach and fill some custom metadata group "01_testing_metadata_template_created.JPG"
4. Create a new document based on this template anywhere in the repository - "03_testing_metadata_creating_document.JPG" + "04_testing_metadata_document_created.JPG" + "05_testing_metadata_document_created.JPG"
5. Explore the metadata both on the template and the created document - "06_testing_metadata_template_after_document_creation.JPG"

Hope it is clear now.
Attachments
(494.33 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
 #44628  by jllort

I have added an ticket for it, thanks for sharing the issue I will keep you updated ( seems there is a bug with wrong metadata group removing )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.