• File Uploader in ver. Community 6.3.4 (build: 47204ef

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44511  by jllort

You are talking about bulk upload or HTML5 uploader what is present into professional version ?
In community version you must upload zip file ( and indicate in the popup that you want to uncrompress it ).
In professional version and community we have removed old applets, in case professional we have introduced websocket technology, but still in community edition we have not forwarded with this changes.
 #44534  by jllort

This bulk Uploader is based in applet and we have removed because browser no longer support it and has not much sense share something what will raise a lot of issues. That must be converted into websockets + jnpl technology. Meanwhile you could try with it https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -tool.html

In professional version we have yet converted all the applets to jnpl + websockets and also we have introduced drag & drop with HTML5 ( I think the last option is best ). Almost time we work in professional or something related with it, and with community we correct bugs or some improvement we have done previously into professional are relased into community, this is the way on how we work. I can not predict when we will have time for community, because all our effors now are going in release of the next professional major version what we have started working the last year and we want to relase at the end of this year or al least in the first month on the next. In this scenario almost resources are on it. However you are welcome in working with community source code, I can share with you some clues about how introduce HTML5 drag & drop ( but obviously you need some expertice with JAVA ).
 #44560  by skorpion78

hello
Thank you for the information about importer-tool, this application is sufficient and meets my requirements. Unfortunately I do not have programming experience, I will wait patiently for implementation in community version.

Regards
Sebek
 #46189  by richprice36

I would like to add the File Drag and Drop functionality to my OpenKM version 6.3.6, can you provide some clues on how to enable this as indicated in your earlier post. Really would like the capability to be built into the basic community version.
 #46260  by jabad

Hello.
I will explian more or less how we did it and how you could recreate it in community version:
1) First thing is show the panel when you are making a d&d operation. For that you should create a new component. Inside FileBrowser class you should add a drag listener to focusPanel object to show it. In it you should show file upload progress.
2) The component created should have a drop listener. This is used to read file entries when you are making the d&d operation.
3) The hardest part is, once you read the files and folders, upload them to OpenKM. The code using GWT will be very difficult and there is no library out there to do that so you should create it from the ground. OpenKM has a servlet in '/frontend/FileUpload' and using it you should be able to upload the files.
 #46271  by jabad

As I told you before we did not use any library.
We decompiled this one (http://www.moxiegroup.com/moxieapps/gwt ... wnload.jsp) to extract the desired code and integrated inside OpenKM.
The problem because we couldn't use any library is because we didn't find any that could read files and folders when you make a d&d operation.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.