• preview rendering error

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44353  by greengold

Hi, me again.. :wink:
I have noticed that thumbnail rendering on community version gives me error when I click on preview:
Code: Select all
The system has generated an error

Conversion: IO exception executing command: /usr/bin/convert /home/tepo/tomcat/temp/okm5179837448597163680.jpg /home/tepo/tomcat/repository/cache/pdf/ee0efbca-d688-483a-9ad0-1fee7dd67486.pdf
calling 'getThumbnail()' via SDK results in 'UnknowException'...
currently I am on version 6.3.4 build 47204ef and I am uploading just regullar image...

Can you check, please?
 #44372  by jllort

Please try executing the command from terminal to get a complete message error.
 #44458  by greengold

turned out that I was missing 'convert' program in my system. (weired that it's external dependency)
now I have installed ImageMagick that seems to contain it, but in the UI preview is just still being loaded ('starting conversion') and it gives 'com.openkm.sdk4j.exception.UnknowException' when I request thumbnail via SDK.
 #44467  by jllort

Take a look at catalina.log file for a complete stack trace error. Might be some error while executing command line tool.
 #44818  by greengold

catalina.log contains no errors for this. convert path is correctly set in OpenKM.cfg.. I don't know
 #44823  by jllort

I think we have lost the topic of the issue. Seems the problem with generating the thumbnail is right, but now your issue is related with SDK. Please do not merge several topics in the same post, because create confusion to us and future readers. Please add another ticket for the new topic related with SDK.
 #44845  by greengold

well, I am combining the thumbnail issue from the OKM UI and SDK by of the first post because I think the issues might be related.
Now, you actually agree that community version have some issue regarding this?
 #44859  by jllort

I do not know if the issue with thumbnail is related or not ... but are distinct ( at least of the end user point of view ) and if we continue merging topics we will lost the focus, please add another post for it.
 #45735  by greengold

I am back into this, it's still not resolved for me. Can't see previews neither in OKM UI nor getting data through the SDK.

this is what I found in the 'openkm.log' toady:
Code: Select all
2018-05-01 15:16:27,699 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-106] [] WARN  o.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils - No op
eration matching request path "/OpenKM/services/rest/document/getThumbnail" is found, Relative Path: /getThum
bnail, HTTP Method: GET, ContentType: */*, Accept: image/png,. Please enable FINE/TRACE log level for more de
tails.
2018-05-01 15:16:27,700 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-106] [] WARN  o.a.c.j.i.WebApplicationExceptionMapper - j
avax.ws.rs.ClientErrorException
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.SpecExceptions.toHttpException(SpecExceptions.java:110)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ExceptionUtils.toHttpException(ExceptionUtils.java:149)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.findTargetMethod(JAXRSUtils.java:477)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.processRequest(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:216)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:88)
        at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:272)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:241)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:248)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:222)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:153)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:171)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:286)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doGet(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:211)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:262)

I don't feel we're merging different issues in here. it's still the preview fetch issue for me. Please point me out why do you think we are discussing multiple topics in here.

edit: I have set 'log4j.logger.com.openkm=FINE' in log4j.properties file, without the restart through (testers are working on the instance, i'm not allowed to restart now) but here I read it shoul apply without restart.

Thanks!
 #45748  by jllort

You are showing me a stack trace what refers to rest URL for getting thumbnail /OpenKM/services/rest/document/getThumbnail, we are not using it from the UI you are calling from another place. Please add another post for it.
 #45798  by greengold

well, as you wish, I'll start another thread.
but by of the first post I'm talking about SDK and OpenKM UI also.
And I need both.
So we can discuss here OKM UI, if you're okay with that. :wink:
 #45816  by jllort

Can you preview PDF files or not?
Can you preview DOC files or not?
 #45910  by jllort

You can not preview PDF files in the UI ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.