• LDAP configuration

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44165  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

what are the compulsory attributes that i must filled under configuration parameters to successfully connected to LDAP server through OpenKM?

Thank You
 #44169  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

how can i map the LDAP UserPassword attribute with OpenKM Login Password?

because i am always getting an Authentication Error while login to the OpenKM.

please be kind to guide me.

thank you
 #44189  by jllort

Take this documentation section as a guide https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... roles.html

First I suggest do not change OpenKM.xml ( what is involved with login ) and only change configuration parameters. When you got success on it, then try to change OpenKM.xml ( authentication )
 #44195  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

when i write the following code in OpenKM.xml file, i am getting a 404 error.

the login page is not displaying.
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
when i remove that code from the OpenKM.xml file, then i can view the login page.

can you please explain me the reason for getting the 404 error?

thank you.
 #44206  by jllort

Take a look at catalina.log file, should be an error there, usually a malformed xml is the reason why application is not deployed.
 #44210  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

i want to bind the OpenKM login with the openldap users.

what i need to write in OpenKM.xml to bind with my openldap user's user name and password?

what are the configurations i must do to success the binding process?

please be kind to guide me.

thank you
 #44212  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

is their any relationship between the OpenKM Users (Administration ---> users) and the OKM_USER table in the okmdb database?

how update the OKM_USER table automatically after adding the users to the OpenKM user list?

please be kind to answer for this two questions.

thank you
 #44216  by vhlen

The OKM_USER table stores User registered on the system. When you add an user on Administrator page, it also inserts an User on the database automatically.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 10.04.56.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 10.04.56.png (30.16 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
 #44218  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

it is not happening for me after i add a user to the Openkm Users (Administration ---> Users).
can you please guide me to perform that transaction?

thank you
 #44220  by vhlen

I think we don't need do anything for that process. This feature works fine on OpenKM community version. Please check the server log and your changes on the source code.There are somethings wrong with it, I think.
 #44221  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

this is the user list displaying in the OpenKM (Administration -----> users). but those users are not saved in the OKM_USER table.

i am attaching the screenshot of it.
testing.JPG
testing.JPG (46.65 KiB) Viewed 5814 times
these users are not adding in the OKM_USER table in okmdb database.

can you please guide me in this problem?

thank you.
 #44223  by vhlen

Please go to: Administrator -> Database query (On your administrator page), then Select the JBDC type and execute the query:
Code: Select all
Select * from okm_user
These users should be showed when you execute this query.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 16.19.19.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 16.19.19.png (107.61 KiB) Viewed 5812 times
 #44226  by mbmni

dear sir/ madam.

thank you for your valuable answer and time spending.

do we need to configure any hibernate parameters in (Administration ---> Configuration) ?

thank you
 #44227  by vhlen

Did you try the query on Administrator->Data Query page? How is the result sql? If there are users records, please check DB connection that OpenKM is using.
 #44228  by mbmni

dear sir / madam,

this is the result i got when i execute the query.

SELECT * from OKM_USER;

i am attaching the screenshot.
testing2.JPG
testing2.JPG (60.53 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
please look into this and guide me.

thank you.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.