• modified files are reverted back to initial version (webDAV) - all changes lost

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43669  by Discta

Hello forum,

I am using OpenKM 6.3.2. on a Linux Ubuntu-Server (16.04) with tomcat-7.0.27.

I have connected a Linux Mint client over webdav using this instruction: https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... html#Linux using the manual mounting method:
Code: Select all
$ mount ~/okmdav
/sbin/mount.davfs: Warning: server can not lock files
I can access and read the OpenKM structure with my file explorer as expected.

I also can create a document by any program on my client and save it in the mounted path (/home/discta/okmdav/okm_root/Transfer)

But there is a serous problem, when I re-open a document from webdav for editing and then I save the document with the same name. This works without error message. I can confirm this in my file explorer, as the document has the correct time stamp of the write access. But when I check the file using the Browser/Firfox access, I can not see the changes in the file preview. So maybe, the changes have in fact not really arrived in OpenKM (just a guess)... :-/

Now my problem:
When I close the program (which has created the document) after a short while (some seconds) the time stamp of the document reverts back to the previous time and all changes are lost.

This occurred with all documents created e. g. in Libreoffice (5.1.6.2), InkScape (0.91), Gimp (2.8.16)

Note:
While I am editing the document, I see a file like .~lock.document_000.odt#
When I check the history of the files, all of them have only one version 1.0.

What could be the reason for this?
How can I solve this?

Thanks for any hints and kind regards

Discta
 #43677  by Discta

Sorry, there is no (second) version 1.1 generated. Whatever I do over webdav, all files remain in the first version 1.0

This procedure is reproducible in my setup (OpenKM is mounted on /home/discta/okmdav/, so I access the path like a local folder):

1. I initially create a new document (LibreOffice)
2. I save it and close LO
3. I check the history via webclient (firefox): version 1.0
4. I reopen the document and everything is OK
5. I edit the document and save it (keep LO open)
6. I check the history via webclient: still version 1.0
7. Now I close LO and quickly reopen the document: changes are still in the document
8. Again I close LO and wait for 20 seconds
9. I reopen the document and the changes are gone, only the initial text is left.

This is my line in /etc/fstab/:
Code: Select all
192.168.1.108:8080/OpenKM/webdav /home/discta/okmdav davfs user,rw,auto,_netdev,uid=discta,file_mode=600,dir_mode=700 0 1
'discta' is registered as ROLE_USER in OpenKM
 #43754  by jllort

Can you upgrade to version 6.3.4 and check from there ( we have released this version two days ago ). https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... m/releases

Firt upgrade to version 6.3.3 and then to 6.3.4 ( follow the steps described here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... guide.html )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.