• JBoss jBPM workflow deployment failed

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43080  by Ebatian

Hi all!
I am using OpenKM Community version 6.3.2 and tried to deploy a workflow from JBoss Developer Studio Version 5.0.0.GA and jBPM 3.3.1 like in the tutorial on the wiki (https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Basic ... w_creation).

You can can see my deployment configurations in the attached image. When I click on "Deploy Process" I get this error message:

Connection failed
A connection to the server could not be established. Check you connection parameters and verify that the server is running.

Is the Server Deployer correct? I found the path "/OpenKM/admin/RegisterWorkflow" in another forum post.
I also tried "/OpenKM/workflow-register".
How do I find out which server port OpenKM is using?
Did I make some other mistake?

And should I not get this to work: How do you save your projects as PAR files in JBoss?

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
jBPM-Screenshot.png
jBPM-Screenshot.png (132.09 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
 #43106  by Ebatian

There are no servers available. Which server type do I have to define?
Attachments
jBPM-Screenshot-2.png
jBPM-Screenshot-2.png (171.97 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
 #43121  by Ebatian

The problem is that OpenKM runs on a remote server, so I can't use a Tomcat Server.
I guess I could define a "Deploy Only" server, but I don't know how to specify the right Deploy Directory since it has to deploy to the remote server and not my local file system.
 #43130  by jllort

You always can create the .par file and the upload in your production environment. When you have the workflow diagram view visible in your eclipse, you are able to create the .par file from menu options.
 #44073  by dferguson

jllort wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:22 pm You must configure tomcat server ( take a look here https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Developer_Guide )
The documentation you referenced is very different that what goes with a OpenKM 6.3 installation.

However I think I stumbled through to the "Add your openkm project at source tab " step, however the documentation is pretty vague at this point. Any further information would be helpful.
 #44097  by dferguson

I found that my issue was improper selection of the graphical info file. I had mistakenly selected the *.jpdl.xml instead of the *.gpd.xml.

I finally found out how to deploy into a par file versus server deployment. However as a newb to this, the documentation is woefully difficult to follow.
 #44104  by dferguson

I have another question regarding workflow developemnt.

When I edit the diagram the source code is not automatically updated to match. I have found that I have to manually edit the source code otherwise I generally get a failed transition when deployed. Not sure of this is a botched install of JBoss or one of its components. Any suggestions? At this point I am beginning to just edit the code manually, but as I develop more complicated workflows this will probably get more difficult.
 #44115  by jllort

The editor sometimes have problems, I suggest do a periodical backup, specially if you are going to do complex WF

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.