• User profile configuration concerning the document history and notifications

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43033  by Ebatian

Hi all!
I am using OpenKM 6.3.2 Community on Ubuntu 14.04.5 and I have two questions:
  • - Is there a way to configure a user so that he can view the document history and download the versions in it while not being able to restore a version or delete the history?
    - I have enabled the profile option "Notify external users", how does this work? I don't get the option to notify anyone other than the users already registered in the system.
Thank you in advance!
 #43045  by jllort

About notify to externals, should appears an input below the OpenKM users lists for adding mail address.
About history, the users can not delete an specific document version, only can compact ( means get the last and delete the others ). About restore to previous version if you do not have a button "restore" ( only will appears if you have several versions ) take a look if there's a contextual menu, I do not remember how it goes with community version ( add a screenshot for it here ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.