• unplug Keyword Map feature

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42655  by sunil

Hi,

I have more that 1 million keywords for all the documents available in OpenKM.

All features are working fine except Keyword Map(in Dashboard screen, where all the available keywords are listed). Due to high volume of keywords, OpenKM hangs.

I tried to unplug it from profile menu but it still request for all keywords on pageload and hangs.

Can somebody direct me to the code from where i can simply disable this request?

Thanks.
 #42669  by jllort

First can try to hide the tag cloud in dashboard panel from profiles ( I think community it have this feature ).

In source code you might be interested in classes:
My suggestion is comment everything into the method ( basically return always empty list ).
SearchServlet line 223
Code: Select all
public List<GWTKeyword> getKeywordMap(List<String> filter) throws OKMException {
KeyMapDashboard line 592
/**
	 * getKeywordMap
	 */
	public void getKeywordMap(List<String> filter) {
		// Only make call when collection is not empty, other case there's no filtering by keyword and
		// result it'll be inconsistent
		if (!filter.isEmpty()) {
			if (showStatus() && keyRelatedTable.isVisible()) {
				keyRelatedTable.setRefreshing();
			}
			searchService.getKeywordMap(filter, callbackGetKeywordMapFiltered);
		} else if (dashboardVisible) {
			keyRelatedTable.reset();
			keyRelatedTable.setVisible(false);
			drawTagCloud(); // Draws tag cloud
		}
	}
KeywordMap.java line 228
for (GWTKeyword key : Main.get().mainPanel.dashboard.keyMapDashboard.getAllKeywordList()) {
			String keyword = key.getKeyword();
			multiWordkSuggestKey.add(keyword);
			keywordList.add(keyword);
		}
Hope can help you on it.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.