• Role_User performace issue

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42654  by sunil

Hi,

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm using OpenKM with over 50 GB of repository size for our internal documentation with MySQL as back-end.

Earlier everything was perfect but now I'm receiving a weird performance issue for Role_User users only.

If i use OpenKM with Role_Admin, everything is working fine but if I use Role_User instead of Role_Admin, Performance decrease very badly.

Let say if i click on a folder, Role_Admin retrieves records lets say in 3 seconds whereas Role_User is taking around 10-15 seconds to get the same data.

I really appreciate If anyone who could help me with this.

Thanks
Sunil
 #42687  by sunil

No, I haven't changed anything in security.

"Performance with ROLE_ADMIN is good" but worst with ROLE_USER

Even tried to resolve it with fresh OpenKM installation but failed to resolve it.
 #42691  by jllort

It was happened suddenly ? did you remember any kind of change ?
How many documents do you have ?
It happens with all users with role users ?
Which database are you using ?
Are you using a lot of keywords ? I think this is not the problem but sometimes this is the reason.

I suspect might be some problem with database performance doing queries into security table. In comunity version we do not have embeded tools into OpenKM for metrics ( we have into professional version and heps in this strange cases ).
 #42701  by sunil

Hi,

While doing uploading, I was using administrator account only.

When the data was less(let say less than 0.2 million documents) the performance was good but by the time volume increased, Performance getting worst.

Right now there are around 0.5 million documents.

Haven't notice any change in system configurations. As i mentioned earlier, I have even tried with fresh OpenKM installation but the performance is same.

Yes, its happen with all the user with Role_User.

We are using MySQL.

We thought performance is worst due to too many keywords used in OpenKM so we drop the idea of capturing keywords. Now there are no keywords.

Permission might be the case, but how we can figure it out?

Thanks
Sunil
 #42708  by jllort

500K documents means at least 500K rows in database.

count number of rows of tables:
OKM_NODE_BASE
OKM_NODE_FOLDER
OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT
OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT_VERSION
OKM_NODE_USER_PERMISSION
OKM_NODE_ROLE_PERMISSION

Which is your hardware configuracion ( disk type ( rpm ), cores, ram, cpu type ) ?
What OS do you have installed there ?
Which is the setenv.sh or setenv.bat configuration ?
Are you using this computer only for OpenKM ?
After starting openkm how many free hardware resources do you have ?
How many concurrent users are using the app ?
 #42947  by sunil

Hi,

Happy New Year 2017

Apologies for late reply. Below are the required details.

number of rows of tables:
OKM_NODE_BASE : 6,12,251
OKM_NODE_FOLDER :2,04,714
OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT: 4,07,537
OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT_VERSION : 4,07,537
OKM_NODE_USER_PERMISSION : 10,90,397
OKM_NODE_ROLE_PERMISSION : 10,52,540

What OS do you have installed there ? Windows Server 2012 64bit
Which is the setenv.sh or setenv.bat configuration ?
Are you using this computer only for OpenKM ? Yes
How many concurrent users are using the app ? 5 Users
Attachments
CPU utilization
CPU utilization
Utilization.JPG (83.86 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
Server Configuration
Server Configuration
Screen.jpg (38.46 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
 #42968  by jllort

Seems database perfomance problem when does a query in security tables. Check the indexes in these tables.
The problem happens when you are retrieving lists ( folder subtree and list documents into ) ?
 #42976  by sunil

Yes, You are right. Whenever system query in permission table, OpenKM taking much time to get the response. Have checked both user and role permission table for indexed. Node column is already indexed in both tables. Let me know if you want to create index on any other columns.

Yeah, If the system have subfolder or document list, The response is too slow and page is taking much time to render the result.

Thanks
Sunil
 #42993  by jllort

How many subfolders and documents have into ?
Each node goes across security manager to set if you have grants for viewing or not. If you have a huge number then you have there the problem. You should enable pagination from profiles is this scenario ( at least will solve the problem in file browser, with tree is not possible to be solved ).
 #42996  by sunil

I have around 100 subfolders and each subfolder contain 1 more subfolder and inside that we have 4-5 documents.

I have used pagination earlier but it improves performance a little bit in pagination area but not in tree area.

Is there any other way by which i can implement security ?

If apply security as per roles only, will this be able to boost the performance?

Thanks
Sunil
 #43008  by jllort

With actual community version is difficult discover exactly which is the methods what's taking so much time. Seems might be a database problem, but I'm not totally sure about it. We are at the end of the next OpenKM release what will come with some actual professional feature like hibernate stats and profiling ( what can helps you in your actual situation for discovering the cause of the problem ).

Seems you have a good hardware ( not so much pleased with OS, always better on linux, because it have the best I/O performance, and for DMS the I/O performace is really relevant ). But also consider from the 500.000 documents we considers it begins the party ( sometimes is needed some optimization etc... ).

I can no give to you more clues, I continue thinking might be something with database. My suggestion should be wait until the next release, will not take much time on being done. And after upgrading you will have more tools for detecting the cause of the problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.