• scripting deleting a specific folder question

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42544  by diegov

Hello everyone,

I've been testing openkm 6.2 community edition, and as i'm learning about it, I'm using the bundle right "out of the box" with hsqldb. The bundle on linux is an excellent product, and it behaved perfectly until I uploaded a 12GB folder into the repository.

At import time, it went just well, but after a couple of days, it became unusable, extremely slow. Even though I've tried almost any solution posted in the forums, I can't delete the uploaded folder, it goes on just forever and gives me a timeout exception. No matter what I do, it takes it forever to do anything, and I really need to recover some files from inside of it.

I would like to delete that folder recursively, reindex, and migrate the whole repository to mysql, and as it seems that it can't be done from within the gui, I would like to ask you for help or guidance on scripting in order to do so.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!
 #42556  by jllort

First of all stop openkm and restart again.
Then go to administration > export and try to export entire repository ( I suggest export with all checkbox options checked ).

Before doing it, tell me something about this folder. Can you see what is into ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.