• bug: Not possible to update document from metadata part

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42346  by mountain73

Hi.

Here is a little bug, I do not know if this is the right place to expose it:

Go in metadata section.
Browse in it to select a document. (for ex, I have users as metadata field, so I select USER/Username then a document)
I reserve the document from here but I cannot update it after from this same place: I have to go to the taxonomy folder that contains it.

Regards.

mountain73
 #42349  by jllort

Is not a bug :) you only can upload documents from taxonomy view. Metadava view is only a viewer, a distinct way for navigating from taxonomy data across metadata values. From this view is not possible uploading documents, take in mind you are seeing information filtered by a single metadata field, but usually you are setting more than one metadata field to a document. Uploading there will be setting single field but not the other, we think this scenario is not a good idea. Anyway metada view is not storage location, only view, another problem will be in which place the document should be stored in taxonomy.
 #42350  by mountain73

Hi jllort.

Thanks for your answer.
Ok, you are right, this makes sense to me.
Then, from my point of view there is still a bug: not applicable actions (reserve, update and maybe others...) should not be proposed to user when browsing in metadata section.
 #42352  by jllort

I think modifying document metadata from metadata tree view is not a problem.When you modify values from there, the document will be moved to other three nodes. The problem is distinct than uploading from that view. Uploading have the problem of where you are really storing the document -> always under /okm:root ,should thinking that metadata view is only a view, a way for browing over /okm:root nodes. From this view making changes should not be a problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.