• Custom document properties

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #209  by Romeriz

Hello all,

I am trying to find out how/if I can create custom properties for a group of documents. What I would like to be able to to is to assign to a folder a document property profile so that every document in that folder has certian properties.

If that is not possible, can I specify some globally? If so how?

Thanks.

Romeriz.
 #211  by pavila

This is not possible: actually you need to assing a group property to each document.
 #212  by Romeriz

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.

If I understand you correctly, you are telling me I have to assign each document a group of custom properties?

If that is the case, could I put in a enhancement request:

To be able to specify properties that are associated to a document by folder?

I.E. Root -> Books

I would like to have all documents in the Books folder (and sub folders) have the property ISBN number and Publication Date.

Regards,

Romeriz
 #262  by kgdms

Are document properties derieved from the file summary tab?

Im thinking of writing a vb script that adds the directory path to the files keywords in its properties ,

im just wondering if openkm looks at these attributes when importing the file?
 #265  by jllort

We\'ll study for future releases to set Properties of folder.

We had a clear idea about properties on documents, but we must think some time about folders properties, before trying to implement it.

We understand that it\'s useful for end user to category on a simply way all documents, and subfolders on a path.

But we\'ve got some internal question ?

The same Folder properties, can be set on documents, too ? and on this way could occurs some case, than folder has the same group of properties than documents with contradictory values. Properties are used for searching, on this case seems that document properties has major level than folder sets ... How I expect you can see, we must be working thinking about all possible cases.
 #266  by jllort

Sorry , but I don\'t understand what you are thinking.

If I understand well you want to make a extenal application on VB ( using Webservices to communicate with OpenKM ) and upload files, and after it setting some properties, is it, because importing ( migration ) is other case ?

Tell me more.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.