• Problem in Search by Content

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41575  by Jahangir

Hi,
I am trying to search content in document(word document / PDF). It is only searching on single words like if i search "OpenKM is a document manager" it wont find it. It will only return results if write single words like document, manager etc.

Is there any setting or specific way for searching some text / sentence ?
 #41580  by Jahangir

I am attaching word file. Upload the file in openkm and search following text

"The paper size is set to Letter" and openkm will return nothing in search however if you try to find single word Letter it will search. Even it wont search on two words for example

"Title Page"
Attachments
(70 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
 #41581  by Jahangir

I have uploaded the document on online demo today.
When I search content using advance mode "The paper size is set to Letter" it returns result highlighting "paper size set letter" four words. but unable to search same text on local. But if I search four words skipping "The, is, to" then it returns result same as demo site.

Am i missing some configuration here
HELP please.
 #41594  by Jahangir

Thank you Pavila for replying. I have downloaded nightly build and its searching "el santo grial" from the document you provided but it is still not searching from word document which i have attached. Can you please confirm uploading the word document at your end on community version and try searching "disclosed that may be essential".

If I provide "to, that, you, on, etc" in search it wont return any result how ever in professional version it does.

Regards,
 #41607  by jllort

Be sure document is yet indexed. Take in mind document is uploaded comes into "pending text extractor queueu" -> you can see from Administration / stats. And the cron tab task name "text extractor workers" process the documents in queue.
 #41761  by Jahangir

Hi pavila,
I tried build from last night it has same problem. I am attaching the document again and I am unable to search
"optional in this document" following content. It return results if i search "optional document". its working fine on the demo build. is there any dictionary or tessaract problem ?
Attachments
(70 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
 #41994  by pavila

The search part is more o less the same in both versions. It should give the same results.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.