• Search: Max clauses reached error

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41344  by openkm_user

Hi,

I have my taxonomy in the following way,
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.95 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
I am trying to search 1018755685 folder inside Portfolios folder, so used advanced search giving path /okm:root/Portfolios.
advanced.JPG
advanced.JPG (19.1 KiB) Viewed 5744 times
Searching,
search.JPG
search.JPG (17.49 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
I get this error, please help,
error.JPG
error.JPG (43.42 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
Thanks!
 #41351  by jllort

The problem in this case is filtering by folder. The search internally creates so much clauses. You can increase it from administration with the parameter named max.search.clauses. Anyway I suggest do not filtering by path. And if you are looking for documents do not check folder or reverse.
 #41358  by openkm_user

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how should we work with max.search.clauses, tried it in Administration->Configuration->Added new property, doesn't seem to work.

For filtering with path, I am searching for folder (also unchecked documents in advanced search) which should return that folder and documents inside it. Path is necessary because there can be other folder with same name in other path also.

Please help!
 #41377  by pavila

Which OpenKM version are you using? Can you reproduce this error in a recent night build?

Thanks.
 #41390  by openkm_user

Hi,

I am using,
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.59 KiB) Viewed 5716 times
I believe this is the latest community version.

Thanks!
 #41396  by openkm_user

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I tried with latest night build also, it still shows same error. Searches for a long time and returns this error (steps are exactly like I mentioned in my first post).
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.6 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
Thanks!
 #41399  by pavila

I've submitted code today, please try tomorrow because the night build is build at night (as the names means :P)
 #41401  by openkm_user

Hi,

Thank you, I will try tomorrow, we are in different timezone, so I wasn't sure :).
 #41406  by openkm_user

Hi,

I tried the last night build, it still returns same error.

My current taxonomy is,
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.83 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.97 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
In advanced search folder path if I give /okm:root/Portfolios, it doesn't work, but
/okm:root
/okm:root/Portfolios/CRM039
/okm:root/Portfolios/CRM039/CRM039_1
all these paths works fine.

What could be the problem?
Last edited by openkm_user on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #41408  by openkm_user

Works when there are less documents inside, currently path set to the folder contains almost 100,000 documents, size 3.7gb.
 #41411  by openkm_user

pavila wrote:Have you increased the max.search.clauses parameter?
Default is 1024, I changed it to 2048, search is slow but it works. Can you please explain more about this parameter?
 #41412  by pavila

Well, it depends on the number of children folders: the more children folder, the higher the number should be. All these folders are used to generate the Lucene query. In short, its better to use medatada to filter results that the folder itself.

Regards.
 #41413  by openkm_user

Thank you very much for the response, can you suggest a best way to automate metadata tagging to folder for my taxonomy?

Thanks in advance!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.