• Mail import broken, "Data too long for column 'NML_TO'"

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #40769  by MKochS

Good afternoon everybody, for no apparent reason the import of emails into the email tree has stopped. I am cc:'ing all mails I receive into a special folder and have set OpenKM 6.3.0 to pick them up and insert them into my email tree. This has been working well for about 9 months. Without any change in the configuration, this has stopped working. I have found the following in catalina.log that might be of interest:
Code: Select all
2015-10-09 01:00:06,120 [Thread-57614] WARN  org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionRep
orter- SQL Error: 1406, SQLState: 22001
2015-10-09 01:00:06,120 [Thread-57614] ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionRep
orter- Data truncation: Data too long for column 'NML_TO' at row 1
2015-10-09 01:00:06,167 [Thread-57614] ERROR com.openkm.core.UserMailImporter- C
ould not execute JDBC batch update
com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
        at com.openkm.dao.NodeMailDAO.create(NodeMailDAO.java:106)
        at com.openkm.module.db.base.BaseMailModule.create(BaseMailModule.java:1
39)
        at com.openkm.module.db.DbMailModule.create(DbMailModule.java:123)
        at com.openkm.util.MailUtils.importMail(MailUtils.java:801)
        at com.openkm.util.MailUtils.importMessages(MailUtils.java:607)
        at com.openkm.core.UserMailImporter.runAs(UserMailImporter.java:95)
        at com.openkm.core.UserMailImporter.run(UserMailImporter.java:66)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor32327.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Reflect.java:134)
...and quite a bit more of the lengthy output.

Can anybody help me?

TIA
Matthias
 #40770  by jllort

Upgrade to version 6.3.1 because I think this problem is yet solved.
However could we take a look at this mail ? can you check the length of the to mail address ?
 #40771  by MKochS

Apparently I have deleted the mail in question. I can tell that it had like 10 recipients (only valid mail addresses, no special characters). Once it had been deleted, the rest of the queue has been processed properly.
 #40781  by jllort

I suggest upgrade to 6.3.1 because there are some bugs related to mails solved. Anyway if the problem happens again do not remove the mail try to export ( eml format ) and we'll be able to reproduce the problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.