• Savingopenoffice document from webdav drive creates two minor versions

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39943  by mountain73

Hi.

With windows 7, I mapped openkm server into a drive and open/edit documents directly from there.
When I open a openoffice document from the drive, make some changes and then save it, two new versions are created on document history.
The first one is empty (0bytes) and the second one is correct.
This happens with openoffice documents but not when using Yed graphic tool)
Do you have any clue?

Thanks.
Best regards

mountain73
 #39964  by jllort

Why you do not connect openoffice directly with cmis repository. Probably this issue will not happens ( seems in your case openoffice update document in two stages, first 0 bytes and second the contents. ). Take a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhaV4aMew2I
 #39970  by mountain73

Hi Jllort.

I already connected openoffice directly weeks ago and although no lock is put on file, it works fine but only for open office.

With the window mapping, I can directly update all kind of files (for example yed file (graphml), draftsight ...) all the same way, and quickly. It does not need all applications to support CMIS nor webdav. And for end user, it is so much simpler...
Currently, I have not opened openkm to team because it is not that much simple to update. Of course, in professional version, you have the live edit, but we cannot buy it.

So I though this could be intersting to have good versionnig when using windows web drive.

Regards

mountains 73
 #40054  by jllort

The problem of Microsoft WebDav support has some bugs ( some are very old and it seems that MS doesn't want to fix them ). Could you check with trial version of one of the commercial software I proposed? Only to check if the error also happens.
 #40196  by pavila

I've tested and seems to have some issues with OpenOffice and LibreOffice. When you save a modification, WebDrive send two "save" events to OpenKM and creates a version with 0 bytes and another one with the right size.

You should contact WebDrive and report this.

Thanks.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.