• How can I improve performance?

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1693  by Iwen

My repository on okm 3.0 which have over 10,000 files is 20G.
The JBoss JVM memory config is 1280M-1280M.
I use default config files, like openkm-ds.xml ,repository.xml and so on.
when I login in okm and open the directory tree , I feel very slow.
How can I make it fast? Do I need change db?
Thx!
 #1696  by jllort

Which browser are you using ... are you using Internet Explorer ?
 #1707  by pavila

OpenKM is very IO intensive application. A good hard disk (SATA or better) can improve OpenKM performance a lot.
 #1710  by jllort

How much folders you got on the same root ? too much is not a good idea, because tree widget on large folder list needs extra time to render. Other problem could be connection, you\'re trying on the intranet or outside, for first test try directly from server or good connected computer to this server ?

On firefox normally is fastly.
 #1727  by pavila

A bad repository structure can affect OpenKM performance. You should try to have little child document / folders and have it ordered in a tree structure. But 50 folder are not too much. Default OpenKM installation store the repository in the filesystem, and this configuration runs pretty well in Linux based servers. Which operating system host OpenKM?
 #1733  by jllort

Do you have documents on root or only folders. I ask it, because the slowest widget on OpenKM is the file browser ( right top widget ), and this shows folders and documents. Last widget upgrade (GWT) has poor perfomance on ScrollTable Widget respect previous version. With a lot of documents on explorer view we\'ve detected a performance losing, but we can do anything to solve it, only waiting next version corrects this lose of performance.

Because loading OpenKM is loading some widgets at the same time, probably the problem is not on tree view, could be on explorer view... give us more inputs about your perfomance problem.
 #1736  by pavila

First of all, you have to see where is the problem: client browser or server. There is a lot of javascript and can be very heavy cpu task depending on the browser. Firefox seems to be a better javascript engine than Explorer. See resource consumption on the client and the server. May be the server has little memory or has too much IO operations.
 #1739  by Iwen

I use server browser and server has lots of memory which is about 3G. It\'s also hasn\'t too much IO operations.
 #1741  by jllort

Performance issue is only on loading and when OpenKM has login complete runs as you wanted or after login you feel bad performance ?

For 50 folders you must not see bad performance, take a look for example demo.openkm.com, test it with 50 folders, it run well there.

I want to concretate if perfomance issue you\'re feeling is on loading or on running too ( when loading is complete ) ?
 #1743  by Iwen

Loading is not so slow. I mean running is very slow, when I click directory tree and want to get in child node, it\'s too slow to accepted.
I saw the server log. When I clicking one of folders, okm scan almost all of folders in it. I want to know how can I fix it. The result I wanted is okm only scan the child note of the clicked note.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.