• May i customize the document properties for search

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1520  by leonyuan

Hi,all
openkm support searching for documents by keywords, content and name, i wonder that if i can define some other document\'s properties such as date, orgnization et cetera for searching ? Any advice is appreciate.Thanks!!
 #1526  by jllort

OpenKM support searching by metadata -> we call \"property groups\".

By default openkm comes with easy testing file metadata on Jboss_home called my_groups.cnd -> register on administration ( on general section ) -> put local path file name to register.

After metadata is registered, refresh browser ( or reconnect ) -> then it\'ll appear when some document is selected the option to set metadata, and the option to set searching for it.

I recomend to test it on a NON production environment.

For more information take a look at faq section -> it\'s explained how to build property groups files.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.