• can't use import option in a remote server

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #148  by jlx

Hi

I managed to install OpenKM 1.2 (packed version with JBoss)in a server into our company. I\'m trying to use the import option but I can\'t. When I type my local route to import, just shows that route in red just like it couldn\'t find it.

Could someone give a clue to fix this. It\'s a very important option for us.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.
 #151  by jlx

Sorry, you\'re right.

The OS is Ubuntu Dapper Server.
Java 6 (version in Ubuntu Dapper repositories).
I\'m using firefox to access OpenKM.
I\'m using OpenKM 1.2 Leela packed with JBoss 4.0.3SP1 (the one that you provide)
When I run JBoss with OpenKM installed in my laptop I can import.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.
 #157  by jlx

Hi

If this could help. I\'ve captured console.log and this is the exception when I try to import:
Code: Select all
14:09:34,094 INFO  [SessionListener] New session created on Wed Mar 05 14:09:34 CET 2008 with id D69B28AAC7B62BC8488227BF49AEF086
14:39:36,752 INFO  [SessionListener] Session destroyed on Wed Mar 05 14:39:36 CET 2008 with id D69B28AAC7B62BC8488227BF49AEF086
09:37:23,891 INFO  [SessionListener] New session created on Thu Mar 06 09:37:23 CET 2008 with id D69B28AAC7B62BC8488227BF49AEF086
09:37:32,195 INFO  [DirectAuthModule] Principals: [system, Roles(members:AdminRol)]
09:37:32,196 INFO  [OKMAccessManager] ##### [system, Roles(members:AdminRol)]
09:37:32,196 INFO  [OKMAccessManager] PrincipalUser: system
09:37:32,196 INFO  [OKMAccessManager] PrincipalRoles: [AdminRol]
09:37:32,196 INFO  [DirectAuthModule] ** User Home already created **
09:37:32,196 INFO  [DirectAuthModule] system # lockTokensValues.length: 0
09:37:35,135 INFO  [CacheManager] resizeAll size=7
09:37:36,302 INFO  [CacheManager] resizeAll size=7
09:37:44,648 INFO  [RepositoryImporter] importDocuments(D:\\net2s\\CursoWAP,/okm:root, org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl@1f62649)
09:37:44,648 ERROR [RepositoryImporter] D:\\net2s\\CursoWAP
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\\net2s\\CursoWAP
        at es.git.openkm.util.impexp.RepositoryImporter.importDocuments(RepositoryImporter.java:62)
        at org.apache.jsp.repository_005fimport_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.repository_005fimport_jsp:81)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks.

Best regards.
 #159  by pavila

You said to use Ubuntu Dapper, the filesystem to import is a Windows path (D:\\net2s\\CursoWAP)?
 #160  by jlx

Yes.
Ubuntu Dapper is the server where Jboss is installed.
I connect using my laptop (Windows XP SP2) to OpenKM web interface, and I try to import a folder from my laptop to the server.
 #162  by pavila

No, no, no. OpenKM import from LOCAL filesystem. You need to copy the files to the server and make an import. Also you can try OpenKM 2.0a an try the new feature of import from zip.
 #164  by jlx

Ok, thanks.

I didn\'t know the import option only works from local.

I\'m thinking to upgrade to 2.0a version, but is it stable enough? os should I wait to the final release?

Thanks a lot.

Beste regards.
 #165  by jlx

If anyone has OpenKM installed in a linux server, this is how I managed to import from a remote system.

We use a Windows 2000 server with shared folders where consultants store the documentation. We use a linux server with OpenKM as an interface with the clients, to access our documentation and let them to upload files.

To import all the files from windows 2000 server without having all the data replicated, you just need to install in your linux system the application: smbfs. With this application you can mount remote windows shared folders and use them as they were local mounted.

You should mount your remote system this way:

sudo mount -t smbfs -o user=<user>,workgroup=<wkgrp>,password=<passwd> //remoteserver/folder /localfoldertomount/

If it doesn\'t work, try this one:

sudo mount -t cifs -o user=<user>,workgroup=<wkgrp>,password=<passwd> //remoteserver/folder /localfoldertomount/

Then you can import all the content in you remote shared folder, just ponting to that local folder.

Good luck.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.