• import printed files

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #142  by t.goetten

hi,

unfortunately, i did not find an answer to my question, so i started this thread. i\'m curious, is it possible to redirect printing jobs to the archive? the user does not (need to) know, that every thing he prints is archived.

i\'m thinking about setting up a cups printer that generates a tiff or jpeg file whis is imported (somehow).

hope i made myself clear about the thing i woud like to achieve ;-)

greetingz
thomas
 #143  by pavila

There is a PDF printer for CUPS. If you use Ubuntu/Debian, install the package cups-pdf
 #147  by t.goetten

just install the pdf printer and that\'s it? is there a detailed description (not the apt-get install thing) written in the documentation? i don\'t get it how openkm knows about new files to import...

thanks
thomas
 #149  by pavila

CUPS configuration is related to GNU/Linux system administration, not OpenKM related. If you install the cups-pdf package, you will be able to print a documento to a virtual PDF printer. The PDF will be written to disk. If you want the PDF be imported into OpenKM you have to do it manually or program a script using WebServices.

If you need some special configuration, see Professional Support page.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.