• Automatic version number in openoffice template to be used on openkm

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #31161  by mountain73

Hi all.

I want to insert in my openoffice template a field that, when used to create a document, will insert automatically version of document as displayed in openkm. Goal is that when I print/update the document, related version is inserted in my document without any effort.
Do you have a tip on how this could be done?
Propriety groups do not seem to solve this problem as it creates an additional property whereas I want to re-use an existing one: the version.
Maybe I am wrong...
Thanks a lot for your help

mountain73
 #31200  by jllort

If I understood. You got a document and into the document you got version number into ( document version is 1.0 ).When a user chek-out -> check-in ( update ) the document then you want automatically change the number into ( document version is 1.1 ). Is it ?

We're talking about odt files ( open document format no ? ).
 #31246  by jllort

- One solution is water mark.
- Other solution is openkm office working with open documents ( docx ), use some library to navigate into the document looking for version number location and change it. The problem you can find in this scenario is that en user can change font, etc... what will change the xml into ( adding a lot of garbage ) and your initial navigation looking for version number could fail.
- Work like structured documents ( other screen for saving information and doing merge at the end ). Always build the data from structured data ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Inf ... chitecture )

If you know other way for doing it, are also wellcome.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.