• Migrate to MySQL

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #31013  by MKochS

Good afternoon list,

I have an installation with a database file of almost 10GB now and need to move to MySQL asap, as the whole system is going painfully slow. The new system is up and running, with a MySQL database configured and ready.

My problem is: I cannot move the repository without losing the categories.

I have followed these instructions:
http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/MySQL-OpenKM_6.2

I exported the categories and imported them into the new system - ok. The categories are there.

Next I exported the root taxonomy (history and metadata included) an reimported it into the new system. The files are there, and so are the keywords. But the categories remain empty.

What am I missing? Maybe there is another procedure available?

TIA
Matthias
 #31038  by jllort

You must export everything with UUID. When you import again, first of all must import categories ( also with uuid option checked ) and then the others nodes ( okm:root etcc.... ) always with uuid option checked.
 #31074  by MKochS

Checking "restore UUIDs" did the trick. Thank you very much.

I believe it's not mentioned in the community docu. Adding it might be a good idea.

Kind regards
MKS
 #31108  by jllort

We're actually rebuilding our documentation. Hope in 4-5 months will be available.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.