• Joomla 2.5x Plugin issue [Resolved]

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30213  by dglenn

Greetings, I have installed the plugin to the website and tested the connection. I am current testing it, and have run into a problem of security. I have a working 6.3.0 community version that I had populated with around 200 articles. After installing the plugin, I made two new folders off the root /okm:root/external and /okm:root/internal. I then moved the previously created folders under /okm:root/external and then moved /okm:root/PDF to /okm:root/external/PDF and granted rights using recursion from /okm:root/external down to the ID configured as the connector.

Then I created the joomla entry using /okm:root/external and tested it. It works, and when I access it, I can see the PDF folder as expected in Joomla. But when I select the PDF folder and enter it, it does not show me any of the files I have in the folder. I've checked the permissions and each file has the connector ID with read permissions on all of them as are the folders from the root on down within OpenKM.

Why is it not showing the files in the folder in Joomla? It appeared to work fine before I moved the folders, this occurred after I went back and adjusted the taxonomy to better differentiate between internal and external published documents.

I could access all of the folders previously before I created the two folders above and moved the existing documents underneath them.

Any help would be appreciated before I move it into our production environment so this does not occur again.
Last edited by dglenn on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #30214  by dglenn

One other bit of information. I just changed the connector ID and to connnect using the administrative ID and it the PDF folder is still blank. BUT, using the same id and changing the URL to point to the internal site I can see the folders and files without any problem.

This has me puzzled.
 #30233  by jllort

It seems to be a security problem. Try access OpenKM with same login ( user and password ) used in Joomla and take a look if you see there the documents or not.
 #30279  by dglenn

jllort wrote:It seems to be a security problem. Try access OpenKM with same login ( user and password ) used in Joomla and take a look if you see there the documents or not.
I found the error. The taxonomy was okm:root/PDF s. I did not notice the space immediately, but after renaming the folder to plain PDF, the problem went away.

A suggestion though, you have to enter the connector id's password each time you edit the object or it blanks it out and causes test failure.
 #30302  by jllort

I will take note about this error, path with space goes into error. We will test in our servers to verify and correct it.

About password if you do not change, could leave it blank, should not replace last password, if not goes like I said tell me, because is also an unknow bug.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.