• Check In / Automatic Save from Office Applications

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1207  by wiseman

Hello,

With the default setup -- it\'s my understanding that the process of editing documents stored in the OpenKM repository involves:

- Downloading / Checking Out the File
- Opening it with the correct application
- Saving the file to local Disk
- Checking in the file - uploading from local disk

Obviously -- this isn\'t ideal for the users who simply want to make a minor correction to an Excel or Word document. Is there any integration with the Office suite of applications to allow for saving directly to the repository? Are they any other alternatives or suggestions that you have to offer?

Thanks in advance
 #1218  by pavila

In OpenKM 3.0 (will be released in a few days) you will work with the document repository using WebDAV. OpenOffice can read and write WebDAV resources natively. With Microsoft Office I think you have to mount the WebDAV resource as a local device. We have tested this configuration using NetDrive and works pretty well.
 #1222  by wiseman

This is excellent news, indeed.

I\'m assuming opening a file automatically checks it out -- and saving back to the drive automatically checks it in??

What other features are in 3.0 -- as you can see from my other posts, I have quite a few questions about the capabilities of OpenKM?
 #1305  by pavila

Yes, the documentation is poor. We plan to enhance it once the 3.0 version is stabilized. Anyway the WebDAV feature is only available in the Enterprise edition.
 #1668  by jllort

I don\'t understand the question david.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.