• I need to upload a file of unsupported type

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12  by wgualla

Hello, me again. I\'m trying to upload a file of type mdv (blabla.mdv) and OpenKM tell me on red background: Tipo no soportado.

I\'ve add this two lines on mime.types file
application/x-shellscript mdv
application/x-shellscript shp

and nothing happen.

How can I tell to OpenKM that accept this kind of file?

Thanks in advance.
 #13  by jllort

Really mime.types files is only loaded at starting, you\'ll need to restart Jboss service to that take some effect.

You could get other problem the OpenKM icon asociated to this mime-type, but I think - not sure - you could be on luck because exist a icon named x-shellscript.gif on OpenKM.war at img/mime/application/ , with your mime declaration I think it\'ll get this icon.

Try is and tell us if it run\'s propertly.

We\'ve thinking mime.types file to disable extensions, not to include ( image icons not exists ). Other reason is that not all mime-type files can be indexed by default.

Do you want we put these extensions on new OpenKM release ( 2.0 ) ?
 #16  by wgualla

Hello, may be I\'m confussed about OpenKM features. Some times I need to upload generic binary files that not must be indexed by its contents, only by reference word submitted from OpenKM form. Can I do that? or all documents managed by OpenKM MUST be indexed? Oooops, sorry, I\'d put the line:
application/x-shellscript mdv
and after JBoss restart the same, Unsopported file type, then I\'d try with
application/x-wgualla mdv
and ovbiously, nothing new.
 #17  by pavila

Not all documents submited to OpenKM are indexed, only a few ones: OpenOffice.org, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, PDF, HTML, XML, TXT and RTF, but you can stored any file type in OpenKM. By default, you can only submit some file types to OpenKM for two reasons: there is a icon associated with each MIME type, and because security reasons. Some OpenKM client don\'t want to upload any file type into the server.
 #18  by jllort

Look at the log, at %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/log/server.log

An give us if there it appers some error log message, to take a look about which mime-type OpenKM is thinking about your file is.
 #19  by pavila

I find the problem :) There is a little bug in this OpenKM release: there is two mime.types in use, one in $JBOSS_HOME an another in the WAR /WEB-INF/classes/es/git/openkm/core/. So delete the file $JBOSS_HOME/mime.type because is useless and edit the WAR (the WAR in into the EAR package)
 #20  by wgualla

Yes, that\'s all. $JBOSS_HOME/mime.type dont\' play. I just add my mime type ini .war file and (for the same price) an .gif icon for it. Thanks a lot.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.