• Search returns results from protected folders

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1142  by joesoap

Hi
I have different folder structures and permissions for different groups in OpenKM I\'ve confirmed that each group can only see its own folders and files. Let\'s call them UserA/FolderA/GroupA and UserB/FolderB/GroupB. However I noticed that if log in as UserA and I search for a document title that only exists in FolderB the document is returned in the Search results and I can open it or download it. Permissions are set to allow RW access only to each Groups\'s respective folder and not the other.
Have I missed something in my config ?
Thanks,
Joe.
 #1143  by pavila

Are you sure that the documents are only granted to the rigth user/role? I mean the documents, not the folder where the documents are stored.
 #1146  by joesoap

I\'m not sure I understand what you mean by assign permissions by document. I assumed if I assigned permissions per folder and then assigned particular groups rights to the folder that this was sufficient. Could you provide more details?

For example I have a folder ABC and a group called ABC_group. I also have a folder XYZ and a group XYZ_group. I assign User level RW access to System for administration purposes to both and then ABC_group has RW access to the folder ABC. Finally XYZ_group has RW access to the folder XYZ.

However still a user in ABC_group can search and find then open documents in XYZ folder.

Thanks.
 #1156  by pavila

When you set permission, be sure you check the \"Recursive permission changes\" checkbox.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.