• GetFolderChild Error

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1131  by efolbrecht

I imported many files. When I login in, I receive \"GetFoldersChild\" and \"GetChilds\" java erros. After pressing OK, I see the files. Ususally this only happens the first time opening the folder tree.

Any ideas?
 #1133  by jllort

You might be specific on the error scenario ?

It occurs at the time you loggin ? can you put the trace log part to see it.

About importing \"I imported many files\" I don\'t know the relation on getting folders ?, please give me a more secuential detail about what you done and what it happens.
 #1140  by efolbrecht

I imported about 50 folders containing about 5 files a piece. I bring this up because I had no errors when there were only 5 folders.

After logging in, I select the parent folder (under Taxonomy), in which there are 8 subfolders - no error. I open one of the subfolders that contains the 50 subfolders I get this GetFoldersChild error. I click out of the error box, refresh, and I can access the folders. Usually, this error will only happen the first time I access a subfolder. When I select other subfolders, the error may or may not occur. The error happens on random folders, never the same. Sometimes after select a subfolder, the subfolder appears empty, but after a refresh I see the correct documents. Again, this usually happens only on the first time the subfolder is open.

Can you tell me how to start a trace so I can post it?

Thanks
 #1141  by jllort

You\'ve got the jboss server log on %Jboss_home%/server/default/log directory, the file which are interested is server.log file. Server.log contains last day log ( to better reporting error on forum, stop jboss, start jboss, login openkm and do minimal action to get the error, then stop jboss and send it file -> it better for us).

More information needed:
1- Your user roles
2- okm:root security roles
3- okm:root/subolder roles ( which contains the 50 folder that fires it error ).
4- OpenKM version -> I hope we\'re speaking about 2.0 ?
5- Which is your default startup home ( to prevent some inconsistence set to okm:root, on okm:root folder -> right click -> option menu \"Set default home\"
6- I need an screenshot of folder involved or simply the name text like it representation:
-okm:root
- folder 1
- folder 2 -> it contains 50 subfolders
- folder 3

I need it to ensure getchilds path is ok.

It\'s a strange error.
 #1144  by efolbrecht

I attached the server.log file. Yes, this is v2.0.Steps taken to generate GetFoldersChild.
1) login as system
2) okm:root (contains 1 folder)
folder1 (contains 8 folders)
subfolder2 (contains 50 folders)
subsubfolder25 (contains 15 subfolders)

error occurs when opening subsubfolder25. After clearing error box and refreshing, I am able to access the subfolders under subfolder3 with no errors. The error comes at different times on different folders.

I am logged in as system and I have not created any new users or roles. I have not assigned any permissions to folders. Everything is default.

I set the default home to okm:root.
 #1158  by pavila

Do you have enougth disk space? Are the files permissions ok? It seems to be a problem with your files.

Can you try to reproduce this problem in the online demo?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.